Helloo!! So I should be doing homework right now, but instead I'm deciding to blog. Yay for procrastination! I've been deciding what to blog about for a while but today it hit me to write another band review. I'll post later about what I've actually been doing with my life during the past few months. Lately I cannot get enough of an artist called LP. She's amazing and her music just pumps me up and inspires me at the same time.
LP aka Laura Pergolizzi started performing roght after she graduated from high school in the late 90's. Her most popular hit "Into the Wild" has been used in a variety of commercials, the most well known in a CitiBank commercial. LP's voice is the perfect mixture of Adele's power and Florence and the Machine's unique sound.
Personally my favorite song of hers is entitled "Wasted Love" it's the perfect angsty break up song ever written. I have listened to this song so much over the last few weeks and it's just one of those songs that everyone can relate to on some level after going through a break up. Some of my favorite lyrics from this song beautifully say, "You used me up. Wasted love, wasted all my love on you. But I was hoping I could change your mind. Wasted love, wasted all my time on and all my love on you. When times were rough. All along I knew something was not right." After I first heard this song I thought how perfectly she put into song all the feelings a person goes through after ending a relationship.
So definitely take the time and check out this amazing artist, and enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment