The main reason for this post is to tell you all one of my stories. This time it's not going to be exactly a fun one (I'll post a funny one later), but this is a story I really feel like I need to share. The other day I was going through all of my old photo's from high school and I found one particular photo of an article that I was written about me and published in Seventeen Magazine.
Not too many people know this little fact about me, especially all of my friends I have met in College. When I was in junior high I was bullied pretty severely and it really took an emotional toll on me and really has changed my life forever. My life got much better once I was in high school, and even better now that I am in College, but it has given me and entirely different outlook on life. During my junior high years my self-esteem was basically non-existent and it has taken years and years to re-gain.
A few days after finding this photo my wonderful mother randomly posted a video on my facebook wall, I'm sure a lot of you have already seen it, but she posted it on a day that I really needed to hear the message it is sending. I wish this video was around when I was in junior high. This video has one of the strongest, sweetest messages that all women of all different ages need to hear, and understand that every word spoken is true. I was in tears watching this video. So I strongly, strongly recommend all of you to click here, and take in every word that is spoken.
Well I hope you all have a fabulous week, and I will post again soon!!
-Amberly


No comments:
Post a Comment