Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Band I'm Obsessed With #1: The Alabama Shakes

Hello to all you wonderful, beautiful readers! In my last post I swore I would get better at keeping up my blog, and here is it the middle of February and i'm just now posting. I'll try to get better at keeping my posts coming, even if it's just a random funny story, which I have tons of.

Well today's post is all about a band i am obsessed with!!! The Alabama Shakes



I have been listening to their album Boys & Girls almost non-stop since it was released back in April 2012. I was jumping up and down when went to watch last weeks Saturday Night Live, and they were the performing group! They gave a fantastic performance, every time I hear lead singer and guitarist Brittany Howard's vocals it's a refreshing experience. She's powerful, soulful, and sings from the heart.

 Every one of their songs is about a different part of the human experience. They cover a range of topics from being afraid to fall in love, to breaking up, changing who you are, and feeling stuck in the everyday routine of life.  Their sound is like a mixture of the classic Janice Joplin and the ever soulful Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings, while keeping their sound new and modern. 


So to all you amazing readers of mine, go check out this amazing up and coming group (I've provided several links), turn up your volume and enjoy!!!

                                                  Do great things today!     
                                                                     Amberly

P.S.-

No comments:

Post a Comment